Promotion Controler Right Corner
Promotion Bottom Right Corner

2011년 3월 메인 세션 연등님(얀)소감문 (영문)

조회 수 23597 추천 수 0 2011.04.04 23:19:44

Hello,

My name is Jan and I’m from Belgium. I met my Korean wife,선화, while travelling in the Philippines in 1999. We got married in 2003 and we lived till September 2010 in Belgium. In 2007 our son Jun was born and in 2008 our daughter Sora was born. In September 2010 we moved to Seoul and we’re thinking of spending the rest of our life in Korea.

I’ve always had a very difficult relationship with my father. I see him as 90% rational thinking and 10% emotion. Principals like responsibility, respect, honesty, hard-working and loyalty were for him always much more important than love. My father could get very angry when things didn’t go the way he had planned it. I felt that he gave me no freedom to make my own decisions. It seemed to me that he planned my life and that I just followed him. I couldn’t feel any love for him, nor could I feel any love from him. Slowly I started closing me more and more for him and I only talked to him when necessary. But I did feel respect for him. I had a younger sister and my father always treated us equally, he was always honest and never had the intention to harm other people. But still I could feel no love for him…

I’m 41 years old now and when I look now at who I am, I don’t seem to differ so much from my father. In relationship with my wife and children it also seems that first some conditions like responsibility, respect and hard-working have to be fulfilled and then I could experience love. For me that was normal, because that was what I learned my whole life. There would always be anger, frustration and uncertainty in myself. I didn’t know how to ventilate this, so it stayed inside me and piled up, waiting to explode. I would then express my anger and frustration towards the people I love the most, my wife and children. And I felt so bad about this, because I didn’t want to hurt them, I wanted to love them. So I created a “bad I’, a bad image about myself. There were times that I felt depressed and that I didn’t want to see anybody. Since there were children I’ve lived with a lot of ups and downs. Every time I hurt the feelings of my children, deep inside myself I felt the pain and suffering from when I was a little boy. And I didn’t want my children to experience the same pain I always felt.

I’ve never really been into meditation and yoga. Probably I was a too much rational person. 선화 did some meditation in Thailand. She told me often that it also would be a good experience for me, but I didn’t think much about it. Two years ago I could see that something needed to be done, or otherwise our family could not survive this. I started consulting a psychologist and I felt better. I even briefly had a better relationship with my father, but after a while it went bad again. After moving to Korea I started consulting a psychiatrist, who used hypnosis techniques. He could make me go back to my childhood and experience the pain I then had. I felt better after that, but only for a short time. At that time 선화 started the meditation-yoga meetings with happytao. I could see that she felt very good there and she suggested me to go too. I went and I liked it. I liked the people and I felt relaxed there. But after a few visits I felt that these meetings could also not cure me and I felt unsure. 선화 did a meditation session in Kwangju and also recommended it to me. I hesitated but finally agreed.

I took the train from Seoul to Kwangju. The house I stayed in was basic compared to our apartment in Seoul, but the company was good : 한바다선생님, 지애님 and 포도 (a lovely dog). We spent there one week together. Our days were filled with meditation, yoga, some walking and tasting the delicious Kwangju food. I felt very comfortable there and I opened myself completely. Slowly I could connect to my inner being and later I was able to feel energy flowing from my forehead through my lungs to my stomach. I never thought I would be able to experience this. I could go deeper and deeper and deeper into myself. It felt amazingly good, but also a bit scary, because I didn’t know where it would end. The last couple of days 선화 came to visit me in Kwangju.

During the last meditation session we had a big confrontation. 선화 was looking in her life for unconditioned love. I expected her first to take responsibility and then I could give her love. It felt like a big rock in my stomach was blocking the river of love. I had a hard time then. I felt the pressure in my head getting too much and emotionally I broke down. I don’t remember everything what happened next. I stood up, shouted, ran to my room, slamming the door. I stood against the wall, crying and wanting to shout out loud, but I couldn’t produce any sound. My whole body was tense and I had problems breathing. 한바다선생님 and 지애님 were holding me and trying to calm me down. The pressure in my stomach became bigger and bigger until I seemed to explode. I could feel the rock of pain which I have carried since my childhood get out of my stomach. I calmed down and started to breath normal again. 한바다선생님 and 지애님 helped me to lay down on the floor. I can still see 한바다선생님sitting there and asking me “what do you feel now”? I said “the rock is gone and the river is flowing, filled with pure, unconditional love”. I know 한바다선생님 felt good then and I felt amazing. After all these years for the first time in my life I experienced absolute freedom. 선화 came into the room and sat next to me. I started laughing like a happy child, full of joy.

That afternoon I went to the sauna and I washed the dirt from the past of my skin. I felt like reborn. Reborn in Kwangju. In the evening we had a kind of reunion. There was 한바다선생님, 지애님, 선화님, 예인님, 원무님, 원화님, 포도 and me. We held hands and chanted om shanti… I felt that these people had given me the biggest present anybody could ever give me, my freedom. Thank you!!!

The next morning my wife and I drove back to Seoul. I felt light and bright, but also unsure, because I didn’t know how I would react to the outside world. Back in Seoul it felt great to see our children again. That evening I called my father and I told him about my experiences during my meditation session in Kwangju. I told him that I felt ready to make a new start and my father felt happy. Maybe it was the first time in our life that we both felt this happy connection. I don’t know what the future will bring and I’m sure there will still come some difficult moments, but there is again hope for our family and I think we can make it.

Thank you happytao!

연등 (Jan)

[레벨:7]선화

April 05, 2011

Dear Lotus Lamp (Jan), I am very happy that you have done the Yoga and Meditation retreats with the Grand Master Hanbada. Maybe I also have been waiting the moment you feel the freedom since I met you. You have done a great job!. I really appreciate with everybody who supports the Lotus Lamp(Jan) to be reborn. Thank you happytao family so much! I love you all.

연등님의 세션을 해주신 사부님, 사부님의 따뜻하고 큰 사랑이 있었기에 연등님이 다시 태어날 수 있었습니다. 다시한번 감사드립니다. ..().. 지혜님이 세션 중에 항상 연등님 옆에 계시면서 감싸 안아주셔서 이 모든 일들이 순조로이 진행이 되었습니다. 고맙습니다. 더불어 맛있는 밥상을 차려주신 예인님을 비롯하여 원무님, 원화님, 비나님의 뒷받침이 있었기에 울 연등님이 불을 더 환하게 밝힐 수 있었습니다.

정말정말 고맙습니다.  광주식구들, 해피타오 식구들 너무너무 고맙고 사랑합니데이~~

[레벨:7]한바다

April 05, 2011

Yes. Jan the Lotus Lamp. It was a grat moment!  Unforettable moment.  It happend. You made it! The thing you had been wiating all through your life,freedom from rock,unconditional love flowing......May your Lamp of Love shine

forever lighting up your life your family and more....!

Thank you for everybody who helped greatlly  .....

[레벨:7]폐마예인

April 05, 2011

연등님 덕분에 자신의 아주 오래된 인간에 대한 깊은 불신과 회의,

그리고 절망을 직면하게 되었습니다.

마지막날 생크림처럼 부드럽고 환한 미소로 다가선 연등님이 없었더라면

무의식 한구석은 영원히 얼음으로 남아 있었을 지도 모릅니다.

깊이 감사드리며!!

아이들과 선화님과의 생활속에 달콤하고 부드러운 아빠와 남편으로

영원히 행복하시길 기도 드립니다.

고맙습니다.

미안합니다.

그리고 사랑합니다.!!

예인 합장.....()...... 

[레벨:8]일여

April 14, 2011

Jan the lotus lamp, welcom to the world of oneness. It was so warmth and miracleous to read your Sabunim's sesson experience. Old mind patterns which have been amessed to our sub-consciousness during the whole life could be melted down at once with the acquaintance of the enlightened. I wish I were there, and  celebrated the moment of awakening. Really happy to read your story and it touched my heart so deeply. Thank you for your sharing and appreciate your rebirth.  Wonderful....^^

List of Articles
sort
5016 한바다님 <히말리야~>에 소개된 히말리야 명상센터 체험기 file [7] [레벨:1]클림 2012-08-20 23727
5015 축하합니다. 조도현 2001-10-23 23716
5014 한바다 [1] [레벨:1]premma 2011-09-07 23661
5013 자애의 경(자비경) [레벨:2]calm 2011-09-03 23643
» 2011년 3월 메인 세션 연등님(얀)소감문 (영문) [4] [레벨:7]선화 2011-04-04 23597
5011 진지함의 중요성 [5] [레벨:1]박태성 2012-08-29 23594
5010 타이거일기 - 헤매다 [7] [레벨:5]해피타이거 2012-07-10 23560
5009 뉴에이지와 영적인 세계... 믿고 싶지만 믿을 수가 없네요. [2] [레벨:0]행인 2012-08-24 23510
5008 긴급 공지 ! 24일 성북동 번개 모임 [레벨:7]한바다 2011-10-24 23500
5007 싸이의 강남스타일 뮤직비디오 [11] [레벨:5]해피타이거 2012-08-06 23474